ROBOT-ASSISTED SACROCOLPOPEXY - INTRODUCTION
Minimally invasive approaches specifically reduce morbidity associated with open sacrocolpopexy, facilitating patient recovery. Laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy has similar outcomes to abdominal sacrocolpopexy, but is technically challenging such that it is usually performed by expert laparoscopists (5).
When compared to open techniques, robotic abdominal sacrocolpopexy is associated with less blood loss, shorter lengths of stay. Robotic technology has made laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy a more feasible procedure with shorter learning curves (3,4).
ROBOT-ASSISTED SACROCOLPOPEXY - 4 DAY MASTERCLASS
For urologists & gynecologists who want to learn the robotic approach in sacrocolpopexy.
This 4-day masterclass consists of:
- one day of basic robotic training on Xi-system at Orsi Academy
- one day of live case observations at the OLV Hospital in Aalst
- two days of hands-on training on porcine models at Orsi Academy
- Participants will be updated on the outcomes, complications and recent literature of RASC.
- Participants will be shown comprehensive videos on different steps and approaches of RASC.
- Participants will be trained on the da vinci Xi robotic system through simulation and dry-lab exercises in order to master dexterity of the system
- Participants will be trained the different steps of the procedure on a porcine model, offering good simulation of the RASC steps. This will give them experience in straight needle manipulation, mesh manipulation, dissecting promontory and experiencing visual feedback. Moreover they will learn how to dissect and suture in a narrow pelvis using a V-loc suture.
Find your Orsi Academy certificate - endorsed by ESU and acknowledged by NASCE/UEMS - attached to your personal profile on our e-learning platform.
Be sure to make a login and complete the general evalution form. Once we received your feedback, the certificate will be uploaded to your profile shortly.
The certificate can be retrieved by looking yourself up using the Search User tool, then click More Info and find your certificate.
€2500 (excl. VAT)
<Turkish doctors are entitled to a discount of €500. E-mail email@example.com for more information>
The price includes:
- OR and use of the equipment
- training models
- didactic materials
- lunch & drinks
- taxi transfers between the hotel and the institute/hospital
- access to elearning platform
The price excludes:
- hotel stay
- taxi transfer between hotel and airport/station
Once your registration is confirmed by Orsi Academy and/or Invivox, please contact Jana to arrange your accomodation & transfers.