This TORT course has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) for a maximum of 14 European CME credits (ECMEC®s).
General Surgery, Head-Neck Surgery
Specialists experienced in thyroid, endoscopic & robotic surgery. (!) It is strongly advised to bring an operating room nurse or assistant (+ €500).
Previous experience of the robotic system, and familiarity with endoscopic endocrine surgery and conventional thyroid surgery.
Key Argument of the Course:
Transoral endoscopic thyroidectomy, also named as ‘scarless thyroidectomy’ is the shortest remote access surgery for the thyroid. Thyroid surgery is very common through out the world. Using the robot in this type of surgery, embeds all advantages of the robotic system.
Robotic Technique Advantages:
Includes all the merits of endoscopic thyroidectomy + :
- fine magnified optimal 3D visualization
- dual-channel endoscope
- possible radical LN dissection (lateral for BABA)
- articulating EndoWrist® instuments
- tremor-free robot system
- operator controls everything = Solo operation
- no assistant-dependent pitfalls
- ideal cosmetic outcome - Scar-less access (NOTES)
- decreased postop pain - Close access
- short operation time - Close access
- ideal voice outcome - Decreased RLN traction injury
- easier total thyroidectomy - Midline approach
- easier CND- Cephalo-caudal access
- 1 day of theoretical & practical wet-lab training on porcine models
- 1 day of theoretical & practical hands-on training on human cadavers
€ 4000 (excl. VAT) (+ €500 if you're accompanied by an assistant)
This course is a hands-on course for only two delegates >> intensive one-on-one proctoring.
The price includes:
- OR and use of the equipment
- training models
- didactic materials
- lunch & drinks
- taxi transfers between the hotel and the institute/hospital
- access to elearning platform
The price excludes:
- hotel stay
- taxi transfer between hotel and airport/station
- taxi transfer from institute to your hotel at the end of the program
Once your registration is confirmed by Orsi Academy and/or Invivox, please contact Jana to arrange your accomodation & transfers.
Please note that it is mandatory to register on the e-learning platform (www.innovativesurgeryonline.com) and to complete the participant profile prior to the course. Any pre-course material on the platform needs to be consulted before starting the course. Lab access shall be refused to people without a registered account.
Be sure to register on the Orsi Academy e-learning platform (www.innovativesurgeryonline.com) as further communication will be held via various forms.
- Before the course:
- After the course:
Please find the time to complete the General Evalution Form.
Once we recieved both filled in forms, your personal certificate will be uploaded to your profile shortly.
The certificate can be retrieved by looking yourself up using the Search User tool, than click More Info and find your certificate.