- Combination of mandatory e-learning and 2 x 2-day on site hands-on training
- The training will be partly organised physically and online. The hands-on part takes place at Orsi Academy, Proefhoevestraat 12, 9090 Melle, Belgium
Part 1 is discipline-independent and focuses on the principles of learning and training while part 2 is discipline-specific.
After completing part 1, you will receive a ‘certificate of participation’ of Orsi Academy. The training will only lead to a certificate of KU Leuven if both part 1 and part 2 are taken and successfully completed by participants.
Participants for the second part are surgeons with experience in the course-specific surgical procedure and must have performed sufficient number of cases at a high performance rate.
To start the second part of the training, you must pass the first part. Upon completion of the full training (part 1 and part 2), you may carry out teaching assignments for Orsi Academy, the EAU and all other scientific associations that are (or will be) linked to Orsi Academy for 3 years. After approval and official registration for the full course, you will be forwarded to the website of KU Leuven, where you will be enrolled at the Faculty of Medicine.
Advantages & benefits
- It is the first objective, validated and standardised train-the-trainer course in robotic surgery in the world.
- Accreditation by KU Leuven
- Endorsed by the respective scientific societies
- Endorsed by medtech industry
- Upon completion of the course, the participant may carry out teaching assignments for Orsi Academy for 3 years.
Structure of the course
The course consists of two parts. Part 1 gives participants a broad and robust understanding of the different types of theoretical and practical approaches to PBP learning. The focus is on device training and basic surgical skills.
Part 2 of the programme translates the insights gained from part 1 into specific, complex surgical procedures in a clinical context.
Requirements Part 1
- Participants must have obtained at least a professional bachelor's degree in healthcare (or equivalent through experience)
- Participants have passed the selection procedure.
Requirements Part 2
- Participants must have passed part 1.
- Participants are surgeons with experience in the course-specific surgical procedure.
- Participants performed sufficient number of cases at a high performance rate. The benchmark for this is set by Orsi Academy for each procedure.
Registrations will open soon.
After approval and official registration for the full course, you will be forwarded to the website of KU Leuven, where you will be enrolled at the Faculty of Medicine.