The Robotic Skills Course (CC-ERUS) has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 35 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Through an agreement between the Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME® credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Information on the process to convert EACCME® credit to AMA credit can be found here.
None. This is a beginner course for robot-naïve urology surgeons who want to learn to perform a robot-assisted prostatectomy independently and effectively.
- If you are a fellow in one of the ERUS robotic host centers and have been enrolled in the six month CC-ERUS validated training pathway by EAU, this 5-day course is the mandatory kick-off. You don't have to register via Orsi Academy. All arrangements are done via ERUS/EAU (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you are not a fellow in one of the ERUS robotic host centers, you can still enroll in this Robotic Skills Course. Thus, it serves as a stand-alone skills course without involvement of ERUS/EAU, therefore no ERUS/EAU certificate can be obtained, only an Orsi Academy certificate will be received.
The 5-day masterclass consists of:
- one day of basic skills exercises: system overview, simulator training, exercises on pelvic model and Venezuelan chicken
- one day of live case observations at the OLV Hospital in Aalst
- one day of hands-on training on canine cadaver
- one day of hands-on training on porcine model: all steps of the RARP & ePLND
- one day of performing full RARP & ePLND procedure on porcine model, when skills level is sufficient
After completion, participants receive an Orsi Academy certificate of attendance.
If you are enrolled in the CC-ERUS 6 month pathway (fellows) you'll receive an extra ERUS/ESU certificate as a console surgeon. After 3 months, the fellows are invited to send a video of a case, that will be blind reviewed by a panel of experts in order to receive an EAU certificate of excellence.
€ 6500 (excl. VAT)
The price includes:
- OR and use of the equipment
- training models
- didactic materials
- lunch & drinks
- access to e-learning platform
Once your registration is confirmed by Orsi Academy and/or Invivox, please contact Jana to arrange your accomodation & transfers.
Please note that it is mandatory to register on the e-learning platform (www.innovativesurgeryonline.com) and to complete the participant profile prior to the course. Any pre-course material on the platform needs to be consulted before starting the course. Lab access shall be refused to people without a registered account.
In that case, the flights, accomodation and taxi transfers are also included.