Relevant education, knowledge and experience
For this interesting and challenging position we are in search of a candidate with:
- Phd in Computer Sciences/Informatics with a strong focus on computer vision techniques with a profound expertise in video processing and deep learning
- Teamplayer, able to work in a fast paced environment with start-up mentality
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal, technical and non-technical
- Willingness to contribute or present our work at international technical conferences
- Passion for healthcare and more specifically Surgical Data Science
- Excellent spoken, written and read English, French is a plus
- Willingness to develop specific technical skills and knowledge when required
- Lifelong learning mentality: staying informed of state-of-the-art technical developments and trends in areas of technical expertise
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Proven critical thinking and ability to solve routine technical problems in a systematic way through design, testing and analysis
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Nice to haves include:
- Experience developing in cloud-based applications (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
- Knowledge of automated segmentation algorithms in CT/MRI
The ideal candidate is proactive, eager to learn, and looking for a technical deep dive into surgical vision. He/she has a hands-on mentality and a practical background in computer-vision techniques and follows the latest trends in the field. The candidate wants to cooperate in scientific work and publications. Orsi Academy expects a flexible and proactive work attitude of all her employees.
Apply or more information about the job?
Feel free to contact our Surgical AI Lead for more information.
@ Dr. Pieter De Backer
T +32 9 334 69 26
Please include a motivation letter and CV to apply.
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
Terms of employment
Within Orsi Academy, ample opportunities exist for personal and professional growth. Attractive salary package depending on years of experience, including hospitalization insurance and a very interesting position in an informal and international working environment. You will be able to engage in scientific projects or, if of interest, obtain a PhD curriculum as part of your job through our strong connection with our partnering universities.